Monday, August 14, 2006

what day is it?

I woke up this morning not knowing what day it was. I set me alarm for 6:40am but it didn't go off for some reason.

This is the way it's been going for the past couple of weeks where I run so behind in the morning because I get a late start to my morning routine. This usually involves skipping a shower, throwing some clothes on, brushing my teeth, and grabbing some random food to last me for breakfast, and if I'm lucky, lunch.

I'd felt depressed all weekend and decided that I would give myself some comforting beauty treatments. I took a hot bath, shaved my legs, washed and straightened my hair, gave myself a manicure and pedicure, waxed my eyebrows, put clean sheets on my bed and vacuumed my floor. I did feel somewhat better after all of this because I physically felt more beautiful and a felt clean and comfortable in my bed.

There's something about slipping into clean sheets that guarantees a good night's sleep. And this could be why I woke up not know what day it was and if I was supposed to show up for work. I would have loved to roll over and go back to sleep, but instead I got out of bed and rushed through the routine.

One more week of working in an office with nothing to do. I guess some people would be happy to be where I am...sitting all day with not much responsibility. This just isn't for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home